Rooted in Love: Equine and Canine Bodywork, and Healing Touch for All Animals!
I have a wide range of "tools" to draw from to help your animal friend feel well! Massage, Tui-Na, T-Touch, Usui Reiki, and Healing Touch for Animals are all modalities I can use in or out of the pool, and on a wide variety of species. Massage and Tui-Na are highly effective modalities for horses, dogs, and even cats.
Massage benefits our canine, equine, and feline companions by increasing circulation, releasing adhesions in soft tissue, bringing greater awareness throughout the entire body, stimulating the nervous system, boosting immunity, and encouraging lymphatic drainage. I am trained in a variety of massage techniques, including but not limited to Myofascial Release (Somatic Unwinding, Anatomy Train and Fascial Plane Therapies), Trigger Point and Stress Point Therapies, Manual Lymphatic Drainage, Massage for Inflammation, Maintenance Massage, Performance Massage, and Rehabilitative Massage.
Tui-Na is a form of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Using various strokes, acupressure points, range of motion and traction exercises, I help your pet re-establish his or her natural "body map", which allows for physical and emotional healing.
In addition to my manual therapies, I have a strong background in energy work. I cannot stress the importance and power of energy work strongly enough! I've seen some amazing things happen for animals without even putting my hands on them!
"Healing Touch for Animals® (HTA) Practitioners facilitate and support the health and well-being of animals through energy and intention. Healing Touch for Animals® combines philosophies, techniques, and applications to promote energy balance and healing of our animals while providing physical, emotional, mental, and instinctual stability. Stabilizing the energy system allows the natural regulation of the immune system, which encourages the healing process and promotes well-being. Healing Touch for Animals® uses energy medicine therapies – recognized by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) – to integrate, balance, and clear the energy body. HTA works by releasing endorphins to establish a deeper relaxation and state of being, thus allowing the body to function at a greater level. By allowing muscles to relax, circulation is increased, resulting in more oxygen, nutrients, and hormones being sent into the body to support healing. HTA techniques work on all levels of the body; physical, mental, emotional, and instinctual, bringing the animal into a deeper instinctual presence which supports self healing."
Reference Link (HTA)
I am so happy to have Adrianne to work on my horses, they both absolutely loved her and her work and I learned a lot about them from her interaction with them. My older guy is retired and quite stiff, he moved the best I have seen in years after just one session with Adrianne. My endurance horse was in his rest period between 50's when she came and he started back into work stronger than ever and also straighter! Adrianne noticed he was tight on one side of his back, I said that was from me riding crooked but now that he is back in work I ride straighter! I plan to have her back on a regular basis. - Ann Szolas (Endurance Rider and Barefoot Trimmer)
I can confidently recommend Adrianne's distance energy work. My dog benefitted enormously from her sessions with Adrianne, despite being thousands of miles apart! The positive change in her overall being was readily apparent, and I could tell she enjoyed her sessions too. Adrianne helped keep my dog in a grounded and healing state, which I believe was crucial to her health and (pending) recovery from aspiration pneumonia. Adrianne is also a delightful and caring individual, and a pleasure to work with! Scheduling is easy and her reports afterwards are detailed and informative. Highly recommend! - Emily Lyman
Pricing for services (Equine):
- $80 within 30 miles of McCleary, WA
- $90 per animal within 60 miles of McCleary, WA (I'm willing to travel outside of 60 miles too, just call for pricing).
Pricing for services (Canine):
- My canine massages start at $65. The price may vary based on size, complexity of case, and duration.
- Dogs can take time to warm up to a new person, especially when offering massage. Fortunately, energy work is usually very well accepted, and often a good way to introduce a dog to massage!
- I can do distance sessions for dogs too!
Additional pricing information:
- $75 Distance Session (meaning I don't work on your pet in person, I do an energy work session from my home). This is an extremely powerful modality, and one of my greatest strengths.
- $50 Saddle fitting "add on". Please note: I am NOT a trained/certified saddle fitter!! That said, I have studied saddle fit extensively. My self study, coupled with my horsemanship, understanding of anatomy and physiology, and understanding of equine behavior and movement, has lots of people asking me to look at the fit of their saddle, or one they want to buy. As a result, I decided to set a price and include it on my website as an add on service. This means I will evaluate your saddle (or one you are looking to purchase) when I come to do bodywork on your horse. I do not have saddles to try or available for sale.
- My service areas at this time are most of Grays Harbor, Thurston, and Mason counties; and parts of Pierce, Kitsap, King, and Lewis Counties. I look forward to hearing from you!